- Go to www.HelpingLostPets.com and make a flier.
- Search your entire house, inside and outside (and outbuildings), WITH A FLASHLIGHT. You will see their eyes glow.
- Search around neighbors’ houses (8 houses each way), WITH A FLASHLIGHT. Ask if they've had their garages or shed open lately and if you can search those.
- Call Animal Control (402-441-7900) and Humane Society (402-441-4488) and file report.
- Put out an alert on their microchip by calling the microchip company.
- Run ad in Lincoln Journal Star (402-473-7373). Free add for 6 days.
- Post lost cat information on Craigslist and other social media sites.
- Go to www.LostMyKitty.com. They have a FREE service that will fax a picture of your cat to local vets.
- Hand out/hang fliers in an 8 house radius. Extend radius if you don't get any response.
- Hand fliers to everyone you can (residents, police, postal carriers, delivery persons).Get information out so people have number/description available in case of sighting.
- Make neon posters to hang at intersections (see our site for instructions).
- Leave out water, and warmed tuna or other stinky food.Heat food up often.
- NEVER OFFER A REWARD. WE WILL NOT ASSIST YOU IF YOU OFFER ONE ANYWHERE!
- Call Animal Control every day to see if they picked up your cat.
- Go to Humane Society, on 2320 Park Blvd, at least every other day (every day is best).Tell them you have a lost cat and that you want to see all the cats that they have brought in.Make sure you go look at all the lost/stray cats they have! There is a 3 day stray hold. After that, your cat may be put up for adoption.
- Check Craigslist and other social media sites every day.
- We work with a printer who offers 500 color fliers for @ $60. Contact us at 402-739-9939 if you'd like to have printing done.