- Go to www.HelpingLostPets.com and make a flier. Fliers must be in color to show an accurate description of your pet.
- Call Animal Control (402-441-7900) and Humane Society (402-441-4488) and file report.
- Put out an alert on their microchip by calling their microchip company.
- Run ad in Lincoln Journal Star (402-473-7373). Free add for 6 days.
- Go to www.LostMyDoggie.com. They have a FREE service that will fax a picture of your pet to all the local vets.
- Post lost dog information on Craigslist and other social media.
- Hand out/hang fliers in a 1 mile radius around your house. If you get sightings in a different area, hand out fliers there. Start with a 1 mile radius and work your way out from there.
- Hand fliers to everyone you can (residents, police, postal carriers, delivery persons).Get information out so people have number/description available in case of sighting. You want them to call the minute they see your dog and not have to hunt for a phone number.
- Make neon posters to hang at intersections in a 1 mile radius around your house (see our site for instructions).
- Leave out food, water, and scent article (clothing article you’ve worn, etc.).
- NEVER OFFER A REWARD!! We will not offer assistance if a reward is offered ANYWHERE!
- Call Animal Control every day to see if they picked up your dog.
- Go to Humane Society, on 2320 Park Blvd, at least every other day (every day is best).Tell them you have a lost dog and that you want to see all the dogs that they have brought in.Make sure you go look at all the lost/stray dogs they have! There is a 3 day stray hold. After 3 days, your dog may be put up for adoption.
- Check Craigslist (Lost and Found) every day.
Optional Steps/Other Resources:
- Call us if there have been two or more sightings of your dog, or if your dog has been around but you can’t catch.We can set up camera/set trap/have volunteers search.
- We have a printer that will offer to print 500 color fliers for @ $60.00. Contact us at 402-739-9939 if you would like to do this.
We offer assistance and guidance to those who have lost an animal. We rely solely on donations. We have training and expertise to help you find your lost animal, and have helped reunite several lost animals with their companions.
PO Box 83401
Lincoln, NE 68501
To contact us, please leave a message at 402-739-9939